Monaco enjoys a privileged location at the heart of Mediterranean Europe. The Principality is nestled between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea, bounded by the French Riviera to the west and the Italian Riviera to the east. Being the second smallest country in the world, after Vatican City, just three miles long by one-half miles wide (about the size of New York’s Central Park), Monaco instead is once those places in this planet where where you can really spend some exclusive luxury vacations.
Monaco’s climate is ideal throughout the year with mild winters of an average 48 degrees minimum, and pleasantly warm summers with July and August temperatures hovering around 78 degrees. On average, you can enjoys over 300 days of sunshine a year. The Principality’s mild climate, splendid scenery, and gambling facilities have made Monaco world-famous as a tourist destination and recreation center for the rich and famous. Sports have also made Monaco an exclusive world wide destination for lovers and enthusiasts of Formula One, Monte Carlo Rally, Football, and Rugby.
Exclusive Luxury Vacations In MonacoAttractions that make it a Riviera Gem
Monaco offers a great balance of historical and modern attractions with various museums and palaces to visit as well as shopping malls and casinos. The principality of Monaco has many relaxation spots and quite a number of points of interest that should be included in anyone’s “bucket list” like:
- Monaco-Ville a medieval village at heart and an astonishingly picturesque site with numerous hotels, restaurant and souvenir shops tourists can stay, eat and shop at.
- Palais Princier (Prince’s Palace) where everyday at 11:55 AM, in front of the Palace’s main entrance visitors can watch the changing of the guard ceremony performed by the “Carabiniers”.
- The Romanesque-Byzantine Monaco Cathedral and its square also contains some of Monaco-Ville’s finest restaurants.
- The world-renowned attraction Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium, a museum that contains stunning collections of marine fauna, numerous specimens of sea creatures (stuffed or in skeleton form), models of Prince Albert’s laboratory ships, and craft ware made from the sea’s natural products.
- The Jardin Exotique (Exotic Gardens) that for over 75 years has been collecting the rarest and most amazing varieties of exotic plants.
- The Monaco Opera House or Salle Garnier that is flamboyant but at the same time very beautiful and has been host to some of the most superior international performances of ballet, opera and concerts in the world.
- The Marlborough Fine Arts Gallery that holds a grand collection of post-World War II artists and even paintings by Pablo Picasso, Joan Miró, Jules Brassai, Louise Bourgeois, Dale Chihuly, David Hockney and Henri Matisse.
- The Prince’s car collection where approximately 100 vehicles are on show in a 4000 m² area and categorized according to His Serene Highness wishes by class or period : military, horse-drawn carriages, popular, veteran, vintage, sports cars, classic and prestige.
The Monte Carlo Casino is a gambling and entertainment complex located in Monte Carlo, Monaco. It is one of the world’s first major casinos is situated on the Place du Casino in Monte-Carlo. Once you enetr through “the front door”, you will fall beneath the spell of the charming atmosphere of yesteryear combined with the contemporary approach to gambling. In addition to its sublime setting and the prestige of the building itself, The Monte Carlo Casino is also unique for the exceptional diversity of its table games, a diversity that exists nowhere else with over 1,000 slot-machines.
This attraction as well as other casinos in Monaco (Casino Café de Paris, Sun Casino &Monte-Carlo Bay Casino) and a present history of more than 150 years that makes the principality an Exclusive Luxury Vacations and a myth in the eyes of the entire world.
Charm and refined elegance characterizes Monaco and in this line goes the luxurious and high-end quality and modern comfort of hotels in the principality:
- Hermitage: only steps from the Casino de Monte-Carlo and one of the finest palaces in the world, the Hotel Hermitage proposes 280 rooms, of which 20 suites, 15 junior suites and 8 Monte-Carlo Diamond Suites.
- Hotel De Paris: a luxury resort hotel in the heart of Monaco on the Mediterranean coast on the Nice Riviera with notable restaurants, including the Michelin 3-star Louis XV and Michelin-starred Le Grill, as well as the Le Bar Americain.
- Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo: a hotel entirely rebuilt in the Belle Epoque style of the former Métropole. The hotel image combines its glorious past with a Mediterranean freshness, a decor concept which meets the promise of the services proposed.
- Monte Carlo Bay Hotel and Resort: a luxury hotel constructed on four hectares at sea level. Waterfalls, luxuriant gardens and a solarium are integrated into this new Eden of pleasure.
- Le Meridien Beach Plaza: set in a unique location in Monaco, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, Le Méridien Beach Plaza Monte Carlo hotel is the only hotel with a private beach in Monaco.
- Fairmont Monte Carlo: a synonym for prestige, The Fairmont Monte Carlo hotel is a unique four-star luxury convention resort located in the heart of the Principality of Monaco in between the Mediterranean Sea and the legendary Casino.
A True Heaven On Earth
All these highlights for some exclusive luxury vacations in Monaco, a place where the international elite gather, a harbor for the most beautiful yachts, a prestigious destination, and home to some of the world’s most celebrated events, are also opportunities offered to you for dazzling pleasures of the Mediterranean and the Principality all year long.