During 2013 Aston Martin celebrated 100 Years of Power, Beauty and Soul as the manufacturer (whose cars have been awarded the Concorso d’Eleganza Design Award for Concept Cars and Prototypes, just to mention one of the many awards received) has solemnly campaigned through the year as a standpoint of recognition to the style of their centenary editions of today’s sensational V8 Vantage, DB9, Rapide and Vanquish.
Quick look at a history of endurance
Aston Martin was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford and produced their first car in March 1915. The start of the production was halted because of the outbreak of World War I. After the war, with the company now re-founded at Abingdon Road, Kensington, a new car was designed to carry the Aston-Martin name. In the late 90’s, Aston Martin had been part of Ford’s high-end automotive marques like Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo and by 1995, the company had produced a record 700 vehicles. At the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan in 2003, Aston Martin introduced the AMV8 Vantage concept car, hand-built sports cars, the leanest and most agile car in Aston’s lineup. And other makes were introduced like: DB9,a grand tourer available both as a coupe and a convertible made largely of aluminum; a convertible version of the DB9, the DB9 Volante and the V8 Vantage sports car.
With a century of history, Aston Martin has developed into an automotive icon, a marque synonymous with luxury, heritage and authentic craftsmanship. Alongside these core values comes passion about the cars Aston Martin has produced and a passion shared by enthusiastic owners. All of the models are, and will continue to be hand-built and bespoke, using high technology processes within a very modern environment.
Brands in Aston Martin’s 100 Years of Power And Beauty
- The Aston Martin V8 Vantage sits alone as a high-performance sports car of truly iconic status. A car of total emotion, yet complete control through 10 years of constant engineering advancement.
- DB9 is the most powerful ever. Peak power of 510 BHP. Effortless torque of up to 620 NM. A sprint time of just 4.6 seconds. A CO2 reduction, saving 12g/km. Most potent & most advanced DB9.
- Rapide S: more power and more luxury, featuring a new rear deck profile enhances aerodynamics, a new full-face aluminum grille honed as a single piece by hand creates a striking front profile.
- Vanquish has the greatest performance numbers ever reached in an Aston Martin, it’s not a Grand Tourer, it’s a Super Grand Tourer. Vanquish takes driver and passenger usability to new heights.
- V12 Zagato, imagined by Aston Martin’s world leading design team, hand built by expert craftsmen, this is one of the most exclusive cars ever produced.
100 years of Aston Martin. 100 years of producing the most beautiful and desirable cars in the world. Aston Martin is a name heralding from emotionally engaging design, craftsmanship, innovation and attention to detail.